Who here loves a good readathon? Even better when it’s a Christmas-themed readathon!
Breakeven Books (@BreakevenBooks) announced the annual Reindeer Readathon on Twitter last week, and it sounds very exciting! This is the 4th year of the readathon, and I can’t wait to get my festive on!
Why did I sign up for this readathon?
There are so many reasons I signed up for this readathon:
- All of the holiday reading, of course. Who doesn’t love a Christmas book?
- There are competing teams! After you sign up, you’ll be assigned to one of 5 teams: Mistletoe, Snowflake, Nutcracker, Stocking, or Candy Cane. (I’m Team Stocking!)
- There is a list of PROMPTS! A few examples include Vixen – A book you want to read but think it might be overhyped, or Comet – A book with an astronomical word in the title (sun, moon, star, sky, etc.). When you read a book according to one of the prompts, your team gets points!
- There are bonus points, so there are more ways to get even MORE points for your team.
- The community! There is a discord server for the readathon, the hosts are on Twitter and Instagram, and I’m sure there will be lots of fun chatting over the month.
What do I plan to read?
I have a few books I’d love to get to for this readathon.
After starting November by reading WAY too many books at once, I’m looking forward to taking my time through these and being very monogamous with my reads. I can’t say there’s one book I’m most looking forward to because these all sound so good!
Why participate in a readathon?
If you’re on the fence about participating in this readathon or in a readathon in general, let me tell you, there are SO many great reasons to participate!
- Motivation! With the year coming to an end, I need all the motivation I can get to get through my reading pile. Or to put my phone down and actually read!
- Community! Readathons are a great way to get involved in the bookish community. Reading can be such a solitary hobby that we forget there are hundreds of thousands of readers out there who may be swooning over the same book we’re reading. It’s so much fun to share reading thoughts with other readers!
- Book recs! Who doesn’t love adding new books to their TBR? Readathons are full of readers recommending great reads, which could be perfect for adding to next year’s reading list.
Where do I sign up?
You can visit the Reindeer Readathon website here: https://reindeerreadathon.wordpress.com
And complete the sign-up form here: https://forms.gle/iR5uzZiUpsVoQq5R7
Are you going to participate in this readathon in December? I’d love for you to join. Let me know what you plan to read below!